Buying New Construction Homes
Towns at Belleair Grove, Clearwater – All of the homes in this community are 2-story townhomes. They are some of the most convenient to all of Pinellas County as they’re on Bellair Rd. and US19. There are 4 floor plan options – all include a garage and some have a 2nd floor laundry room that’s convenient to the bedrooms.
There many benefits to building a new home. Why would anyone do it if there weren’t?!
- No one has lived in it before – who doesn’t want to be the first owner?!
- It’s to YOUR tastes – without a renovation or remodel. If you could have white counters, white cabinets and a main floor master from the start, why live through renovations?
- Warranty in place for the entire structure against defects, not just the main components – when it’s new, there’s typically a builder’s warranty. It’s like a new vehicle with bumper-to-bumper coverage!
But it’s not all good. There are a few key factors I find most buyers don’t know that could take the “shine” off the idea of building new. For example:
- Property Taxes are pretty well unknown – there’s no history to go from! You may also have CDD fees added onto your annual tax bill. These costly fees are typical in areas were the roads, sewers, etc. are being created as a result of the community’s creation. They’re added on to your annual tax bill and can get very costly (I’ve seen them as low as $1,000 and as high as $3,500…per year!)
- Unknown future of the area – it may develop and grow…. Then again, it may not. You could still be living in a sparse area in 5-10 years, or you might be in the center of the latest bustling metropolis
- You might not be able to COMPLETELY customize – which means you’ll pick some things (flooring, cabinets, paint color), but not others (like the half-wall in the entry you didn’t really want). Or you might be able to select from different pre-established packages and floorplans, but not switch the brown cabinets for the white ones you were dreaming of.