Rice pudding is a favorite in my household.
It’s one of those dishes that’s better when it’s made fresh at home, but if we don’t plan ahead, it’s never chilled when we’re ready to eat it!
This is quick, easy rice pudding recipe I love that doesn’t require a lot of time to prepare, but it needs to cool and chill. If you make it in the morning or at lunch, you’ll have a tasty after-dinner dessert.
Careful – you might find yourself eating double-portions of this sweet treat!
Rice Pudding - Simple and Sweet
- 500 mL water (2 cups + 1 oz)
- 125 g rice regular white rice is fine
- 500 mL milk (2 cups + 1 oz)
- 265 g powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 275 mL milk (to dissolve corn starch) (1 cup + 1.25 oz)
- sprinkle powdered cinnamon to dust the tops of s
- Combine water (500 mL) and rice (125 g) in a 4 qt pot. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 15-20 minutes (until rice is completely cooked). Stir occasionally to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk (275 mL) with corn starch (4 tbsp) until corn starch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Once rice is cooked, stir in milk (500 mL) and powdered sugar (265 g).
- When combined, stir in milk/corn starch mixture.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low and continue cooking until it thickens (15-20 minutes). Continuously stir while cooking.
- Once it reaches desired thickness (the mixture will start to stick to the spoon), remove from heat and transfer to 6 serving dishes (approx. ⅔ cup per serving)
- Allow to cool until you can touch the containers (about 15-30 minutes).
- Sprinkle each serving with cinnamon.
- Cover and transfer to refrigerator to chill (about 4 hours).