Favorite Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Let it be known – I don’t like Pumpkin Pie. I will be the first to pick up apple instead. With one exception. I discovered this recipe in a cook book years ago and I will never look at pumpkin pie the same again! Granted, I still won’t eat any other pumpkin pie than this one. …but with this pumpkin pie, I lick my plate CLEAN! Yummy!
Favorite Pumpkin Pie Recipe REALTOR Candis Carmichael
- 2 lbs fresh pumpkin flesh peeled/skinned
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pre-made pie crust (or use your favorite pie crust recipe)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pumpkin flesh into cubes and place in a heavy pan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Mash the pumpkin until smooth, then put in a strainer and set over a bowl to drain
- Roll out the pie crust and lay into a 9 in. pie pan. Prick the base all over with a fork
- Line with foil and backing beans and chill for 15 minutes.
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil & beans. Bake another 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- Lower oven temp to 375°F.
- Pour pumpkin pulp into a mixing bowl.
- Beat in eggs, sugar, corn syrup, heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth.
- Pour filling into pre-baked crust
- Place in oven and bake 40 minutes (or until the filling has "set" and doesn't jiggle around).
- Let cool and serve with vanilla bean ice cream, whipped cream and/or other favorite pumpkin pie accompaniments.